Monday, January 9, 2012

The canvas

The most important thing about the physical appearance of a woman/man is.................. Yes, you guessed it the face! The biggest mistake that many make, is trying to apply makeup to an unclean face. Big no-no! To ensure that you are starting your day off, with a clean canvas, you will need to follow these four steps.  Disclaimer: All or none of these products may not be the appropriate product for you. Figure out your skin type, and choose accordingly. Not one product, works for all skin types ;-)

Cleanse your skin: I usually take a mild facial soap 'Cetaphil' and place that in the palm of my hands, applying it to a wet face in an upward motion (pulling down on the skin is never a good idea, we're trying to defy gravity here! LoL) Quick tip: I tend not to use a facial towel, due to bacteria's that tend to set up in the towel, even after washing it! I know right disgusting! After lathering product of your choice to neck and face, rinse thoroughly.


Exfoliate your skin: While the face is still wet from the rinse, apply the face scrub with your hands to the face and neck in an upward circular motion. My scrub of choice is the 'St. Ives Apricot Scrub (Blemish and Blackhead control)'. Quick tip: Do not over exfoliate. I usually repeat this step every three days, or as needed. Follow these instructions for about 2-3 minutes, then rinse. Soft hands is an extra bonus, this scrub is amazing!


Apply a facial mask: Apply your facial mask to a clean face/ neck. My facial mask of choice is the 'Queen Helene Mint Julep mask'. Apply masque generously and allow to dry for about 15 minutes. Feel free to leave on overnight, as do I ;-). Remove with warm water and dry with a paper towel. (As mentioned above I steer clear of using any type of wash cloth on my face, due to settling bacteria. 

Apply skin care products: Mist your face with a toner of your choice to hydrate the skin. I prefer Mary Kay's 'Blemish control toner'. This is followed by a moisturizer of your choice. I use Clean & Clears 'Acne control moisturizer'.





No comments:

Post a Comment